Finger is a simple protocol that gets information about people, locally or on other servers. Created in 1971, it has been recently revived in the small web communities as a way to microblog or easily find contact information about each other.
You can easily set up your Finger identity. In your home directory, you can put multiple files:
- a .plan file for microblogging
- a .forward file if you want your email to be forwarded
- a .project file where you can talk about your projects
- a .pronouns file where you can set your pronouns
- a .pgpkey file where you can put your pgp key