This is the list of our values or guidelines. They're community set because the community can modify this at any time by direct democracy. Just ask for a poll to be held, and it'll be.
A primary goal of Altesq is to be inclusive to the largest number of community members, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all those who participate in Altesq to help create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
Vision of Altesq
Altesq exists to provide a safe, non-judgemental, and fun place to explore creative projects and to seek intentional digital community.
In a post-Facebook age, it is up to small communities to gather and work together to provide a space outside of the advertising-laden, corporate mediated world of social media.
To that end, Altesq strives to be a radically inclusive community where people of all backgrounds and all technological experience levels can come together for peer education, to delight in one another's creations and to make good conversation.
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of Altesq.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- If anyone asks you to stop a particular kind of behavior, always err on the side of respecting their wishes. If you believe their request is unreasonable or unfair, ask an admin, but don't respond with hostility.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert community leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this code of conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
Unacceptable behaviors include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions by any Altesq member online, at any related events, or in one-on-one communication carried out in the conduct of Altesq related projects. Community event venues--physical or digital--may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
Harassment includes: harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments related to gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religious choices, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (like your \~ html pages); deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following; harassing recording; sustained disruption of the work of others; and unwelcome sexual attention.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior from any community member, including those with decision making authority or sudo, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a community member engages in unacceptable behavior, the Altesq admins may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from Altesq (meaning your member account would be revoked) without warning.
If You Witness or Are Subject to Unacceptable Behavior
If you are subject to or witness unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please see the Contact Information section below.
If you feel you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this code of conduct, use the Contact Information section below to send a concise description of your grievance.
We expect all Altesq members to abide by this code of conduct while:
- engaging with other members locally on the server
- publishing content hosted on Altesq
- engaging in community activities, whether in meatspace or cyberspace
You can contact the administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
License and Attribution
This code of conduct is based on citizencodeofconduct.org and tilde.town's CoC under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.